Artificial grass can be costly upfront, but it can save you more in the long run. But how much does artificial grass cost in 2021? Find out in our latest report.
Artificial grass is becoming more and more popular in Australia. And it’s no wonder why! It doesn’t require mowing, watering or fertilizing – so you can spend your time doing something else that will benefit your home or business. But before you make the switch to artificial grass, there are a few things that you need to know. One of these things is the cost – this article will discuss how much artificial grass costs and what factors affect pricing.
First things first, what’s your main reason for your interest in purchasing artificial grass? Artificial grass can come in different shapes and sizes, but it’s important to make sure that you purchase the right type of artificial lawn for your needs.
For example, suppose your goal is to replace a natural front yard with an artificial one because of its maintenance-free properties. In that case, there are certain factors that you want to keep in mind when determining the artificial grass cost Adelaide.
- The Size: Artificial grass comes in different sizes, which is why you must consider the size that will best suit your needs. The larger pieces of “grass” are typically more expensive than small ones because they require more material and labour to install. So if low maintenance properties are what you’re after, choose a smaller size.
- The Shape: Artificial grass also comes in different shapes – from straight and flat to curved or undulating pieces of “grass.” When considering the cost for artificial lawns, you may want to consider what shape your lawn needs (again, this will depend on if low-maintenance properties are important).
- The Quality: Artificial lawns are also graded on quality. There is a scale that ranges from Grade A to D, with “A” being the highest grade and “D” being the lowest (but most affordable). The higher grades require more material and labour for installation, which will lead to an increase in cost.
- The Materials: The materials that are used to create the artificial grass will also affect pricing. Higher grades of artificial lawns (higher quality and higher grade) usually cost more because they use better-quality synthetic material in their construction, which is why you may want to consider getting a less expensive alternative if low maintenance properties aren’t important.
Artificial Grass Cost Adelaide to Install
In 2021, our survey found that artificial grass installation costs most homeowners about $25 to $35 per square metre. So the total cost that most homeowners spend on artificial grass can go between $2,700 to $6,000, averaging about $4,000.
While artificial grass may be more costly upfront than natural lawns, it doesn’t require extensive maintenance – so you will save money in the long run!
Here’s how artificial grass cost is determined:
- The size and shape of the lawn, as well as the quality, will determine what you’ll pay for your artificial grass installation costs.
- For example, a simple patch of synthetic turf can be installed on your existing natural lawn quickly and in about a day – so the cost to install artificial grass for this particular job can be as low as $500.
- However, if you want an artificial lawn that covers your entire front or backyard and requires extensive installation work (grading, tilling), then expect to pay upwards of $30 per square metre and up to $100 per square metre depending on the installation costs.
Want to buy artificial grass? Visit our website now for the best price.